Friday, October 9, 2009

WOW... I have a lot to catch up on, and it will not happen in one day. My plate (life), seems to have very full lately, and it continues to offer me lots of challenges and opportunities. I am thankful for every moment that I have, often wishing that there was more of me to go around, yet being constantly reminded to live in the day. We should each appreciate what we have, and be thankful. We need to make the most of our opportunities, and share what we have with those less fortunate than ourselves. That's enough preaching about life & circumstances for now.

I dove into a personal Barn Quilt Project a little more than a month ago. I was not able to spend all of my time devoted to it, but I have done the following: painted eight 4' x 4' Quilt Blocks (shown below), immersed myself into, and completed a certification class on entrepreneurship, constructed the outline of my business plan, and put myself into a local outdoor art show. These are just steps in the journey, and I will certainly have more to share.

There are plenty of new Barn Quilt, Quilt Barn and Quilt Trail notices that I have received over the past month (and I will be sharing), but there is one in particular that I would like to make notice of. That is the inauguration of the American Quilt Barns web-site at http://www.americanquiltbarns.com/ . This is designed to be an interactive social networking site, hopefully tying together the multitude of quilt trails and fans across the country. Anyone can join, and there is no charge. Started by Donna Sue Groves and a group of friends, this site will bring a new focus and direction to what I like to call a real grass roots art movement. This is one that will continue to blossom.




... and thanks to all who support the site:





No comments: