Saturday, October 9, 2010

a choice for some...

I have heard of several Barn Quilt committees getting a special deal from a local hardware or paint supplier, and often soliciting help mounting large panels from the power company's (or other’s) cherry picker. This is good for the committee, and I do believe that this is a good public relations for everyone involved. Now I see a national sign board company taking notice of the Barn Quilt Arts Movement.

This is not an attempt by me to promote any product, but for those that feel the more traditional plywood panel is too cumbersome or heavy, Dibond® graphic display board by 3A Composites USA could be an alternative. The Barn Quilt story is published on-line at signshop.com and also wide-formatimaging.com. It should be sufficient for me to say that I enjoy the more traditional approach, and with as much community involvement as you can muster. If it is your barn, and you have scaffolding, and are not fearful of heights, and have a way of keeping lines straight, then painting on the actual barn siding can be very effective... but definitely not for amateurs.

No comments: